The Guyana Olympic Association (GOA) has made an appeal to national affiliated federations to provide necessary information by the January 25 deadline in order to tap into funds and other means of support.
According to a release from the GOA, despite its best efforts, few federations provide the information required for proper planning.
In an effort to improve this situation and in order to be in a better position to assist, the GOA is asking the federations to provide the following information by January 25, 2018.
Detailed 2018 calendar specifying
- Names and dates of all events in which the Federation will be participating
- Names and dates of any international events being hosted by the Federation
- Events for which it is hoped that the GOA can provide support
- Kind of support needed in each case
- In the case of National Federations planning to send athletes to the 2020 Olympic Games, list of qualifying events in which you hope to participate
- Names of all athletes being prepared for the 2020 Games
- Please note that there will be the following additional requirements for those who require funding or any other form of support:
- Ensure that your annual affiliation fee is paid to the GOA
- Meet all deadlines set by the GOA
- Submit the attached Athlete and Official Registration form for ALL POSSIBLE Athletes and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 through January 25, 2018
- Submit the “Guyana RTP Information from NSFs – 2018” form by January 25, 2018 (attached). Note that this must include, but is not limited to, the athletes listed above.
- Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 attend an Anti-Doping talk during January/February 2018 (except those who attended one of the November/December 2017 talks).
- Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 submit monthly Whereabouts Forms. Note that the form for January 2018 is due during the last week of December 2017.
- Have ALL POSSIBLE Athletes (14 years and over) and Officials who may represent Guyana during 2018 and who have been prescribed medication which is on the 2018 Prohibited List submit Thera-peutic Exemption Application Forms.
- “Please clearly understand that support for Federations in general and specific athletes, in particular, will only be provided based on submission of the Federation’s annual plan and the Athlete’s and Federation’s submission of all required anti-doping information. Please feel free to contact us if you require any further information or clarification,” the GOA said in a press release