Manchester fire leaves pensioner hospitalised, home destroyed

The charred remains of the home of Donald and Ingrid Morgan

A fire at Manchester, Corentyne, has left an elderly woman hospitalised and the home she shared with four others destroyed.

Donald Morgan, 69, told Sunday Stabroek that the fire started sometime around 8 pm on Friday in the kitchen of his house. He said that he had just retired to bed when he heard other relatives sounding an alarm. Upon investigating, he saw his wife, Ingrid Morgan, 65, hurrying to take off her clothing, which was on fire…..

Around the Web