(Jamaica Gleaner) Baby Sae’breon, the newborn stolen from the Victoria Jubilee Hospital last month, could be united with his parents today.
The police confirmed a short while ago that DNA tests have confirmed that the child belongs to Suzett Whyte.
Whyte had reported that her child was abducted while she went to use the bathroom around 4:30 on the morning of January 9 at the corporate area maternity hospital.
Police commander for the Kingston Western division, acting senior superintendent Howard Chambers, said the baby is currently undergoing a full medical check-up before being handed over to his parents.
“It’s probably very soon because this medical check started from yesterday, so if not today, probably by the end of the week,” Chambers said.
The baby is currently in the custody of the Child Protection and Family Services Agency.
A relative told The STAR that Whyte was delighted after news broke that the child was found.
“I haven’t heard life in her voice since January 9 and I heard it the day when the lady was arrested,” the relative said.
Whyte and her child’s father Sinclair Hutton arrived at the Denham Town police station, smiling a short while ago.
A woman was arrested on Tuesday after turned up at the Registrar General’s Department to register the baby.
Staff members became suspicious after the woman reportedly gave conflicting accounts about the birth of the child.
The woman was subsequently arrested.