Over the past few weeks, the Ministry of Public Infrastructure (MPI) engineers have observed and inspected acts of theft and vandalism at the Providence and Diamond overpasses on the East Bank of Demerara.
A MPI release yesterday said that the engineers observed that:
1) The elevator glass door at Providence had been smashed
2) Electrical and solar panel lights were stolen
3) The wires at Diamond overpass were disconnected from the camera systems
4) Both the no cycle and disable signs were stolen
5) Corrugated electrical wire cover was removed
6) The erthing connection was vandalized and protective cover stolen
MPI is calling on the vandals to refrain from such activities since they are ultimately destroying much needed infrastructure.
Citizens are asked to report such activities to the nearest police station or the Ministry’s Public Relations Department on 592-227-0799.