Moseley resigns from Capitol News

Capitol News anchor, Gordon Moseley last Thursday resigned abruptly from the organisation he has been with for the last fourteen years where he also acted as the news editor.

In a statement on his Facebook page, Moseley, who is also the current head of the Guyana Press Association (GPA), said he had resigned from Capitol News with his last working day being January 3, 2013.

Titling his statement ‘Moving on…’, Moseley said his stay at the newscast had “been nothing short of a great learning experience and rewarding journey.”

“I was able to see parts of the world I could only dream of going and I was able to meet people from all walks of life who had a story to tell, from Presidents and Prime Ministers to Cane Cutters and Housewives. I am proud that I was able to tell their stories in my own way”, he added.

He offered his thanks to Editor-in-Chief at Capitol News, Enrico Woolford and the management for their support of his talent and abilities over the years.

“I know the newscast will continue to do well in informing and educating the nation. It was a good run,” he said.

The former news anchor, who has been the face of the Capitol News programme for a number of years with his signature ‘Here is what you need to know’ before reading the headlines, told Stabroek News that he has no intention of leaving the media and is presently exploring some options.

Moseley is known for asking searching questions at press conferences. He was banned by former President Bharrat Jagdeo from going to the Office of the President and State House after he refused to apologise over a tiff between the two of them. The ban was subsequently lifted by President Donald Ramotar.

More in Local News

Logs placed across the road at Moblissa to prevent vehicles from accessing the Baishanlin site.

Baishanlin operations at standstill

Officials from Long Jiang Forest Industries Group are expected in Guyana next month for a ‘fact-finding mission’ as it seeks to fully take over the operations of logging firm Baishanlin whose operations have ground to a halt.

The windmill that once provided all of Huis T' Dieren with water is still standing tall.

Huis T’ Dieren

Photos by Joanna Khan   Just about 500 people live in Huis T’ Dieren, a bright and beautiful little village on the Esse-quibo Coast.

default placeholder

Economy was sluggish through first half of year

The economy was sluggish throughout the first of the year, according to Chairman of the Guyana Bank for Trade and Industry (GBTI) Robin Stoby.

The window the perpetrators broke to enter Doorasammy’s home

Bandits threaten to take off with toddler during robbery

A young couple who recently moved into their home at Lot 139 Gangaram Village, East Canje and took over a grocery shop, is now fearful after bandits early yesterday morning held a gun to their four-year-old daughter and threatened abduction, while robbing them.

default placeholder

Foreign mission heads to be changed every three years

No Guyanese envoy will remain head of the same mission for more than three years, according to President David Granger. “Rotation of diplomats is of paramount importance [since] if a diplomat is kept in his or her position for too long they lose their effectiveness,” Granger said, when asked during the recording of last week’s edition of The Public Interest interview programme whether his government will be rotating heads of missions, in light of criticism that they remained for the most part static under the previous administration.

default placeholder

GGMC not doing enough to monitor removal of sand, loam at Linden – Trotman

Following complaints by the residents of Linden that sand and loam were being removed illegally from the region, Minister of Natural Resources Raphael Trotman on Wednesday stated that the Guyana Geology and Mines Com-mission (GGMC) was not doing enough to monitor movement of the two materials as “people are literally trucking them away.” PPP/C Member of the Parliamentary Sectoral Committee on Natural Resources Pauline Sukhai raised the issue during a committee hearing on Wednesday, while stating that the concerns were raised during the committee’s recent outreach to the community.

Comments

About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Stay updated! Follow Stabroek News on Facebook or Twitter.

Get the day's headlines from SN in your inbox every morning: