– Some positives from the Pandemic This working-class, man-in-the street column has survived virtually twenty-seven (27) years.
Welcome Secretary Pompeo, Welcome Mike! Besides the now annual National Budget Review by Ram and McRae, I found myself looking out for some form of critique from the immediate past Finance Minister.
-Seriously! Any hope for Vendor-City Georgetown? What do I mean by “17-month mindset”?
The promise of inclusion: Persons and projects With all the happenings “of national significance” which now abound around us – battling with the COVID-19 plague for attention – I am often tempted to throw in the towel.
– Rivers of Red, Seas of Green, Streams in between Once again, readers would be accurate if they discern that the rather rambling thoughts hereunder are born of my own hopes wishes, even expectations as the “new” government begins to manage our national affairs, our resources, our “governance”, our future.
High standards for PPP Comrades now, my own wish list Hello friends I plan to go very easy on your concentration and tolerance today.
Battered as we are; hundreds of thousands of our countrymen in optional voluntary overseas exile; and with decades of our development delayed and denied primarily through political selfishness, do we dare to hope during this beginning of another People’s Progressive Party (PPP) national tenure?
The world according to Buxtonian David One could easily imagine – and/or appreciate – the “tons” of commentaries, since Sunday, in print and “on air”, surrounding the emergence of the Irfaan Ali Presidency.
– My usual three Emancipation “mischiefs” Wonder what did yesterday come up with?
Appreciating PNC mind-control successes Of course friends, I would expect no sympathy for my self-imposed dilemma.
Unfortunate lessons in PNC character-abuse Some of you (“regulars”) will recognize, even appreciate, that it’s not easy for me to avoid local politics altogether these days.
– PPP? PNC? How “inclusive”? Look friends! If others don’t do it; haven’t done it, I do it here now.
– Another long-lasting generational wedge? As one with a little hands-on knowledge – (not “expertise?”)
-Victoria: – More fallout from the Floyd protests As like last Friday, again as this is being written earlier in this week, I am/we are not blessed with any conclusion to the March 02 elections.
-The Floyd protests – A few consequences Please note that these views were penned before GECOM’s Fit-and-Proper Iron-Lady Chairperson pronounced on Recount Results or any possible final fateful declaration.
The PNC and our judiciary Regulars – and my editor – will realise that today’s offering will be most brief.
Some suggestions for His Excellency’s charm offensive [So most of you still have absolute confidence in the GECOM Iron Lady’s long count?
The Iron Lady’s long count, plus… Could it be political immaturity, inspired by an ageing mind, which prevents me from ever accepting the PPP’s Mohamed Irfaan as President of our Guyana Republic?
-The PNC and the USA Guess what friends. I managed to attract robust criticism from anti-PNC folks for referring still to my mantra before last March 02.
(Re)-Count me out! I noticed, just recently, that the accomplished singer-composer-columnist, Mr Dave Martins returned to the issue of this country’s diversity welcoming its positives for what is sometimes a fractured society.