Ten without shelter after Corentyne fire

Ten persons are now homeless after fire completely destroyed their two-storey home yesterday at No.79 village on the Corentyne.
The fire started sometime around 10:30 am at Lot 148 #79 village and rapidly  engulfed the home. The fire did not allow the family to save anything of importance. So far the family suspects the fire to be of electrical origin.

Astrat Ali one of the occupants of the home told this newspaper that ¬†…..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.