After years of deliberation, journalist Leon Suseran has decided to come out as gay, saying that he believes that openness is the path to making the country a safe and welcoming place for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) persons.
“Given the current social climate of our society in terms of how persons perceive homosexuals, I have reached a point in my life where I could care less of what people think.
Today, I am living my best life ever and I owe it to myself as well as society out there to come clean as it were,” Suseran, 29, told Stabroek News in an interview.
More Local News »
- US continuing democracy project despite gov’t snub
- Bandits snatch $7M Works Ministry payroll
- Body of man found at Ruby Koker with suspected bullet wounds
- Several communities being cleaned under Gov’t-led programme
- Permission granted for public servants march – police
- Construction worker shot dead at Belle Vue
- Second reading of procurement bill deferred
- IMF to Guyana: Close gaps in anti-money laundering regime
- Thirty-two applications were received in 2010 for New River prospecting
- Sheriff St/Mandela Ave expansion likely for bidding by next August