Seelacknauth Persaud yesterday died from burns he sustained from a kerosene stove on Tuesday at his La Bonne Intention Home. A relative confirmed that he passed away shortly before 6 pm.
According to reports, Persaud, 28, of Lot 39 La Bonne Intention Scheme and his wife were arguing downstairs when a nephew saw smoke emanating from the room. According to a relative, the nephew told his mother and she called one of her brothers who kicked the door down.
The man said Persaud was on fire but it was not clear as to how he got burned. Persaud was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital and later transferred to the Burn Care Unit of the hospital.