GWI Linden apprentice electrocuted

Rhett Cole, 22, an apprentice with the Guyana Water Inc (GWI) died this morning after coming into contact with a high voltage wire at his place of work.

Cole, of Teachers’ Quarter, Wismar/Christianburg Secondary School Compound, was on an apprenticeship programme with GWI.

Cole was shocked at the company’s West Watooka, Wismar, Linden water treatment plant early this morning. It was reported that he came into contact with an 18,000-volts cable.

He was rushed to the Linden Hospital Complex where he passed away.

Around the Web

Comments