A 14-year-old boy was electrocuted this morning at Victoria, East Coast Demerara after he came into contact with a live electrical wire while trying to pull down his kite.

Randolph Thornhill, a student of Ann’s Grove Secondary School and of 44 Sideline Dam, Victoria died around 6 am.

His mother, who witnessed the entire thing said the wire burst after her son threw the ball of twine attached to his kite over it. He then came into contact with the wire and was pitched into the trench. His mother was also shocked when she tried to go to his assistance.

Around the Web