Moblissa teen kills mother, brother

A 17-year-old yesterday fatally stabbed his mother and teenage brother at their Moblissa, Soesdyke-Linden Highway home in the wee hours of yesterday morning and has since gone on the run.

Dead are Molly James, 33, who was the target of the attack launched by Orin, who later attacked his brother, Aaron James, 15, after he went to their mother’s aid.

A release from the police force said that the murders of farmer Molly James and her son Aaron James, both of Moblissa, Soesdyke-Linden High-way, occurred at about 00:30hrs yesterday morning.

Police investigations revealed that on Friday, Molly James reported to the police that the suspect had committed a crime against a relative. As a result, the police went in search of the suspect but he was not located.

It is believed that the suspect later heard of the report and in retaliation broke into his mother’s home, where he fatally stabbed her. Aaron James—his brother—who went to her assistance, was also fatally stabbed. Police said that other relatives managed to escape into the bushes and have been located. The suspect, however, was not arrested up to yesterday evening.

 The house where Molly James and her son Aaron James were found
The house where Molly James and her son Aaron James were found

“I know the guy for a short while. He lives with the father and he would normally come over. Sometimes when he come from drinking he does stop in and he does be behaving a little out of the way and so on,” James Simon, the dead woman’s boyfriend told Stabroek News.

He last heard from Molly James on Thursday morning before he left to go to work. “I heard from her on Thursday morning before I left to go to work up the river and when I come back this morning about 7 I hear a sad news that she was murdered.

I hear she get murder on she bed and then she come outside and she fall on the sand,” he said.

It was only then that Simon also learnt that her son was the assailant and that his attack on another relative is believed to have been the motive for the attack.

The dead woman’s father, Ignatius James, said that he received a phone call from a friend who told him about the murders. “A good friend of mine called me and asked me if I heard what happen last night on the highway, and I said no, and he tell that he just get the news that Molly and she son died and I tell he don’t mek joke,” the man said.

He said that he immediately left to go to his daughter’s house and that is when his worst fears were confirmed. “I come and see the police but they de already moved the bodies.”

Molly James is survived by six children, including a seven-month-old baby.

Around the Web