LONDON, CMC – Barbados and England all-rounder Chris Jordan has been rewarded for his success with a two-year contract extension at Sussex, the English County club has announced.
The 25-year-old, a probing right-arm seamer and a big-hitting lower-order, has made a big impression at Hove since joining last year from long time club Surrrey.
Jordan has also made a promising start to his international career with England and Sussex said the player was a key part of their plans going forward.
“CJ has had an incredible year and there is no reason why he can’t continue to take his career forwards,” said Sussex’s Professional Cricket Manager Mark Robinson said.
“He hasn’t changed since the moment he walked in. He has been humble, honest, hardworking and as a cricketer, exciting to be around. We look forward to watching him develop over the next few years.”
Jordan, who played for Barbados as recently as the 2013 first class season, said he was delighted with the new commitment.
“It’s great to have signed an extension to my contract at Hove. I really enjoyed my first season with Sussex and hopefully I can continue putting in solid performances and to help us be successful, especially with our strong start to the campaign,” said Jordan.
“I want to be able to help Sussex have the best chance of winning trophies, and hopefully the new contract will give me the platform to push for further international honours across the next couple of seasons.”
After being released from Surrey following a six-year spell, Jordan announced his arrival at Sussex last season with a haul of 59 wickets at an average of 26.73. He also managed 408 runs with a highest score of 92.
He subsequently broke into the England setup during Australia’s tour of England last year and since played seven One-Day Internationals and six T20 Internationals.
In the County Champion-ship on Sunday, he took two of the three Somerset wickets to fall as Somerset struggled to 82 for three on the opening day wrecked by rain.