Suspect nabbed in 2010 murder of Haslington miner

After being on the run for a little over five years, murder accused Seon Anthony Edwards was on Monday arrested by the police and confessed to killing Haslington miner, Rawle Peters in 2010.

Edwards, called `Rasta man’, 26, a vendor of Diamond, East Bank Demerara (EBD), was on the run since September 10, 2010, when he fled after he allegedly stabbed Peters, called ‘Papaw’ and ‘Dumb Boy,’ of Lot 21 North Haslington, East Coast Demerara (ECD).

Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum yesterday informed Stabroek News that Edwards was arrested during Monday at Regent and Hincks streets, Georgetown by ranks of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID). Blanhum said the

Rawle Peters
Rawle Peters

suspect, who confessed to the crime, told investigators that he and Peters had an argument over some stolen money when he dealt him a single stab wound.

The file will be sent to the Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) today.

Stabroek News had previously reported that Peters was fatally stabbed following an altercation and he succumbed on the Puruni trail while efforts were being made to transport him to the Bartica Hospital. Relatives had said that his size would have made it impossible for one person to successfully attack him and they opined that more than one person carried out the attack. It was reported that Peters had told his relatives that he was threatened during a fight some time ago and it was suspected that the attack stemmed from this old misunderstanding.

A post-mortem examination performed on Peters revealed that he died as a result of a puncture to the heart.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Around the Web

Comments