Early morning fire destroys Vreed-en-Hoop house
An early morning fire that was caused by a smoker who left a burning cigarette in his bedroom completely destroyed a wooden house yesterday at 47, New Road, Vreed-en-Hoop.
Two persons are now homeless as a result of the 1.30am fire which caused damage estimated to be around $1 million. Other houses, which are in close proximity to the destroyed building, were saved as neighbours doused them with water. Nothing was saved from the burnt building which had no electricity.