Boy, 14, found dead on Foulis road

The body of a 14-year-old boy was discovered on a street at Foulis, East Coast Demerara yesterday and it is believed that he was the victim of a vehicular accident.

The boy, identified only as ‘Andy’ by his aunt, Ramrattie Ronie, was found at about 6:30am, according to the police, who are investigating his death.

Contacted yesterday Crime Chief Seelall Persaud told Stabroek News that the child might have been the victim of a traffic accident. He said that investigators have gathered that he moved out of the house and would usually sleep under a truck.

Persaud told this newspaper that there were tyre marks on the child’s body. Up to when this newspaper spoke to Persaud yesterday afternoon, he said that driver had not been found.

Andy
Andy

Ronie said she last saw her nephew on Tuesday afternoon. “He come by me and ask me if me ah feel good,” the woman said.

She said that the teen had moved out of her 726 Foulis home in early January to live with a friend. “He move out the week after New Year’s with another young boy and the two went in Beterverwagting by one of me aunt,” she stated.

Asked if the teen had any problems at home, the woman said no, although she added that he started to follow bad company. “He had no problem here. He start follow friends and start smoke and drink,” Ronie said, before adding that the teen’s mother died when he was only a few years old and that his father resides in Tortola. The boy is also survived by two siblings.

Ronie said that she did not know how her nephew met his death. “This morning I hear some lil boy dead and deh on the road and when I go I see is he. Me nah know how he dead, me nah check he body to see wah happen,” the woman said.

Latest in Local News

default placeholder

Brian Tiwarie blasts Ramotar administration over specialty hospital project

Businessman Brian Tiwarie yesterday rejected claims that his company had taken possession of containers belonging to the fired Specialty Hospital contractor and he accused the Donald Ramotar administration of grossly mismanaging the project.

The Kato school

Multimillion-dollar Kato school unsafe for children

The Kato Secondary School, which was constructed at a cost over hundreds of millions of dollars, remains unoccupied because it is not safe for children, Minister of State Joseph Harmon said yesterday.

default placeholder

Repairs underway to shifting Hope Canal bridge

There is a major structural fault with the $350m bridge constructed across the Hope Canal,  East Coast Demerara, according to Minister of State Joseph Harmon, who yesterday said the structure has repeatedly shifted away from the road.

default placeholder

National Assembly approves $800m in supplementary spending

After hours of deliberations, the National Assembly last night approved almost $800 million in extra-budgetary spending including on 6000 solar panels to “green” State House and an army exercise aimed at testing the preparedness of the Guyana Defence Force which was done last year.

default placeholder

Brian Tiwarie planning to establish newspaper

Prominent businessman and owner of BK International, Brian Tiwarie, is planning to open his own newspaper company here and has started the process.

default placeholder

Probe underway into stealth flights from Ogle

An inquiry has been launched into the circumstances surrounding how two planes left Guyana illegally from the Eugene F Correia International Airport (EFCIA) last Saturday, Minister of State Joseph Harmon said yesterday.

default placeholder

Finance Minister says unsure of UG ‘emergency’ funding needs

Minister of Finance Winston Jordan has said that he is unsure of the ‘emergency’ funding the University of Guyana needs to reputedly prevent a collapse of the  institution.

default placeholder

Ministry welcomes removal from US human trafficking watch list

The Ministry of Social Protection yesterday welcomed the latest classification on Trafficking in Persons (TIP), which has seen the country coming off the watch list for TIP, that is, moving from Tier 2 on the Watch List to just Tier Two.

Comments

About these comments

The comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit or delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity.

Stay updated! Follow Stabroek News on Facebook or Twitter.

Get the day's headlines from SN in your inbox every morning: