A 56-year-old Essequibo woman is now battling for her life in the Burn Care Unit at the Georgetown Public Hospital after suffering first degree burns in a fire suspected to have been started by her lover who subsequently poisoned himself to death.
Tameshwarie Narharry of Zorg Market Road, sustained burns to 80% of her body and was rushed to the Georgetown Public Hospital around 9 am yesterday.
Stabroek News understands that the woman was asleep around 05:00hrs when the man doused the room and building with gasoline and then set it on fire.
Last evening, the police said that at about 1800h.yesterday, the body of Patrick Seepaul was found at Zorg, Essequibo Coast. He was believed to have consumed poison. The body is at the Suddie Hospital mortuary awaiting a PME.
The police release said that Seepaul was suspected of having set fire to the dwelling house of Narharry.