Greens vendor now on wounding charge over Bourda stabbing

-after attempted murder charge withdrawn

Eon Ford, who was charged with attempted murder, was yesterday placed on $250,000 bail after the charge was withdrawn and he was read a new one for unlawful wounding.

The charge against Ford, of Lot 90 Robb Street, Georgetown, stated that on October 8, 2014, at Robb Street, Bourda, he unlawfully and maliciously wounded Joseph Adams with intent to maim, disfigure, disable or cause him actual bodily harm.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge when it was read to him by Magistrate Fabayo Azore at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Court 5.

His attorney, Paul Fung-A-Fat made an application for bail to be granted in a reasonable sum.

When Ford, a Bourda Market greens vendor, previously appeared in court, he was charged with attempted murder and he was not required to plead to the charge and was remanded to prison.

The court was told Ford and Adams were consuming alcohol on Robb Street when a misunderstanding occurred between them, which led to Adams suffering a cut on the face and as he was about to leave, he was stabbed in his hand and abdomen.

However, Stabroek News had been told that Adams, 53, was stabbed to the abdomen as he attempted to break up a fight between two persons around 9pm on October 8, 2014. He was admitted into the male surgical ward of the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPH) after hours of surgery. Adams also received stitches to his face to deal with a laceration sustained during the episode.

At the hospital, complications had arisen when doctors had a hard time removing the long blade from his stomach.

After taking into consideration that the victim, who was present in court yesterday, had been discharged from the hospital and is out of danger, the magistrate set bail at $250,000 and adjourned the case to March 23.

 

 

 

 

 

Comments  

SOCU needs to focus on `quality investigations’ – DPP’s Chambers

Saying that the Special Organised Crime Unit (SOCU) needs to focus on “quality investigations”, the Chambers of the Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) today said that it is reviewing for the second time a file sent by SOCU on an ongoing controversy with the Guyana Bank for Trade Industry (GBTI) over the release of banking information.

City fires constabulary officer accused of sexual assault

The Mayor and City Council (M&CC) today dismissed the constabulary officer who is alleged to have sexually assaulted a minor being detained by the City Constabulary.

Chaotic response to Somali bombing cost lives, medics say

Workers clear the rubble from the scene of last Saturday explosion in KM4 street in the Hodan district in Mogadishu, Somalia October 17, 2017.

Former skipper Taylor back to strengthen Zimbabwe team

Brendan Taylor   BULAWAYO, Zimbabwe, (Reuters) – Former captain Brendan Taylor and bowler Kyle Jarvis were both included in the Zimbabwe test squad for the first time after lengthy absences when a 16-man party was named on Tuesday for the two-test series at home to the West Indies.

GAWU slams GuySuCo plan to lay off 2,500 by yearend

With GuySuCo retrenching 2,500 more workers by the end of the year, the main sugar union GAWU has again appealed for it to rethink the closure of estates.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×