Autopsy findings on cemetery guard inconsistent with accident

Norbert Lamazon

A post-mortem examination on the cemetery guard, who went missing last Thursday and was later found at the Georgetown Public Hospital (GPH), with a claim that he had been struck by a truck, has revealed injuries inconsistent with those from an accident.

Norbert Lamazon, of 44 Princes Street, Wortmanville, died around 5 pm last Saturday afternoon at the GPH.

Relatives of Lamazon were told  by hospital officials that the deceased had been hit by a truck but there were no visible injuries on him when they saw the body.

When contacted yesterday, Lamazon’s sister related that a post-mortem examination conducted on her brother yesterday, in the presence of a police officer, showed that he had died from blunt trauma to his head and he had suffered lacerations about his body, injuries which were inconsistent with those of an accident.

According to Lamazon’s sister when they saw her brother’s body they were unable to locate a silver chain which he always wore, his phone and other articles. These items she further noted had not been found at his premises.

The family is speculating that Lamazon’s death may be linked to the death of Kescia Branche, since persons have claimed that he was in possession of a video from the night when Branche was dumped in the cemetery.

Stabroek News had previously reported that the family was not aware that Lamazon was missing until sometime Friday.

The sister pointed out that Lamazon, who “worked nights at the crematorium,” left for work last Thursday afternoon and never returned to his residence.

She added that the family was informed by her brother’s neighbour that he never made it home.

“It is unlike him to not go home”, the sister said. This unusual occurrence prompted her to call his girlfriend who indicated that Lamazon was not at her premises.

On Saturday, the sister stated that the family filed a missing person’s report and visited his workplace with the police. It was there that they were able to view video footage which showed Lamazon leaving the cemetery but not returning.

The family then visited the hospital in search of Lamazon but were informed that there was no one there with their brother’s name, but someone by the name of Antonio Lamazon.

According to the sister, after making multiple checks the family left the hospital and were heading home, when they received a call from a friend, who stated that she had seen Lamazon at the hospital.

The friend told Lamazon’s relatives that the now deceased man, looked pained.

Lamazon’s daughter, the sister stated, later identified her father’s body.

There were no visible injuries on her brother, the sister said, adding that the GPH was unable to tell them exactly where her brother was picked up from and by whom. According to the sister, relatives were told that an ambulance had brought him in, but other persons stated that he had been brought in by a yellow taxi.

Lamazon was on duty on the morning that the grievously wounded teacher Kescia Branche was discovered at the side of the road leading  into the cemetery. She later succumbed at the GPH.

When Stabroek News had approached Lamazon about the Branche  case he had said that he had not seen anything.



Around the Web