Police say boy  charged with 15 offences after London acid attacks

LONDON (Reuters) – British police said yesterday they had charged a 16-year-old boy with 15 offences following five related acid attacks in London two days earlier.

The charges include grievous bodily harm, possession of an item to discharge a noxious substance, and robbery.

The boy is due to appear before Stratford Youth Court tomorrow, London’s Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

On Friday, British police arrested two teenagers after five acid attacks against moped riders in less than 90 minutes across east London on Thurs-day left several people with facial burns, including one with horrific injuries.

 

Comments  

U.S. networks suspend Charlie Rose after sex harassment allegations

(Reuters) – CBS and other networks yesterday suspended Charlie Rose, one of the most prominent American interviewers, after eight women told the Washington Post he sexually harassed them and prompted Rose to apologize for his “inappropriate behaviour.” PBS and Bloomberg said in statements they were suspending Rose’s signature interview show, distributed on both outlets, citing the allegations in the newspaper story.

Zimbabwe’s Mugabe faces impeachment after military takeover

HARARE,  (Reuters) – Zimbab-wean President Robert Mugabe faces the start of impeachment proceedings today that could see him ousted within the week, against the backdrop of a military takeover dubbed “Operation Restore Legacy”.

Kenya’s Supreme Court upholds Kenyatta’s presidential win

NAIROBI,  (Reuters) – Kenya’s Supreme Court yesterday upheld the re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta in last month’s repeat presidential vote, paving the way for him to be sworn in next week.

2.5 million Yemenis now lack access to clean water – Red Cross

GENEVA,  (Reuters) – The capital Sanaa and al-Bayda have joined the list of Yemen cities without clean water due to the blockade by a Saudi-led coalition which has cut off supplies of fuel for pumping, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) said on Monday.

Lebanon’s Hezbollah denies sending weapons to Yemen

BEIRUT,  (Reuters) – The leader of Lebanon’s Hezbollah said yesterday his Iran-backed group had not sent any weapons to Yemen and denied that it was behind the firing of a ballistic missile at Riyadh from Yemeni territory held by Tehran-allied Houthi forces.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly.

We built stabroeknews.com using new technology. This makes our website faster, more feature rich and easier to use for 95% of our readers.
Unfortunately, your browser does not support some of these technologies. Click the button below and choose a modern browser to receive our intended user experience.

Update my browser now

×