Minor injuries after power pole crashes on Guyhoc house
A Guyhoc Park, South Georgetown mother and her three children escaped yesterday with minor injuries after an electricity pole which was rotting at its stem broke and crashed on their home.
According to Natasha Rodrigues, she was standing at her gate talking with a neighbour around 7:30 last night when she saw the electrical wires over her head sparking. She said that within seconds the pole broke and crashed down on her single-flat home as her three children who were inside at the time ran outside.
“My three children run out and two of them jump over the verandah“, the frightened woman stated. She said that a small fire ignited at the back of her home and residents ran to …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.