Private sector supporting rejected US democracy project

-following meetings with gov’t, American embassy

After meeting separately with government and the United States embassy, the Private Sector Commission (PSC) has indicated to both parties that it believes that the $300M democracy project rejected by the Donald Ramotar administration should go ahead.

“We met with the (US) Charge d’Affaires last week…and yesterday (Monday) government… we basically said the same to the two: ‘have discussions and resolve this matter so the project can go ahead’”, a member of the PSC told Stabroek News yesterday.

The commission will sometime this week issue a statement on the two meetings, officials, who spoke  …..To continue reading, login or subscribe now.



Join the Conversation

After you comment, click Post. If you're not already logged in you will be asked to log in or register.

The Comments section is intended to provide a forum for reasoned and reasonable debate on the newspaper's content and is an extension of the newspaper and what it has become well known for over its history: accuracy, balance and fairness. We reserve the right to edit/delete comments which contain attacks on other users, slander, coarse language and profanity, and gratuitous and incendiary references to race and ethnicity. We moderate ALL comments, so your comment will not be published until it has been reviewed by a moderator.