LBI man burned in kerosene stove flare up

 

A La Bonne Intention man was up to late last evening being treated at the Georgetown Public Hospital for burns he sustained from a kerosene stove.

While details are sketchy, this newspaper understands that the man, 28-year-old Seelanauth Persaud of Lot 39 Third Street, La Bonne Intention Housing Scheme was rushed to the hospital yesterday afternoon.

A relative told this newspaper that Persaud and his wife were arguing downstairs when a nephew saw smoke emanating from the room. According to the relative, the nephew told his mother and she called one of her brothers who kicked the door down. The man said that Persaud was on fire but it was not clear as to how he got burned. Up to press time, he was undergoing surgery.

 

 

 

 

Around the Web

Comments